Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Song: Shell


"Shell" BPM 171
Music & Lyrics by Tidals © 2014

Verse 1 (John) D A2 G
Crowded spaces, I am moving, we're all moving,
Fluid motion, face to face now, back to back,
Shells of people in a crowded room, Trying to feel like sometime soon,
We might make it, We might make it,
So we close are eyes and we move our feet, And in our veins we can feel, the beat,
And we take it, oh we take it.

Chorus G A2 D, A2 G A2 D
Hey, hey,
If you didn't know me would you hold on, and never let me free,
Hey, hey,
If you didn't like me would you pretend, and spend the night with me.

Verse 2 (John) D A2 G
Empty cups and broken windows, That's the way it goes,
Time moves slow, When nobody knows what's going on,
And we lock our fingers and we shut it down,
And we know that someday we might drown, if we fake it, if we fake it,
But if you asked us why we don't need,
We'd close our eyes and move our feet, to the beat beat.

Chorus G A2 D, A2 G A2 D
Hey, hey,
If you didn't know me would you hold on and never let me free,
Hey, hey,
If you didn't like me would you pretend and spend the night with me.


Step one: The original concept of the song.

Stage two: starting to hash out parts. Super rough but still progress is made.
0


Stage one note via Ariel: I don't think we need a bridge. I think the chorus is fun and if we do it a few times it'd be good, maybe doing the last one with absolutely no lyrics and all of us "singing/shouting" it.

Edit 1: added stage to and reformatted lyrics structure.
Edit: 2 Chords and BPM

No comments:

Post a Comment